Aaron is an ACC-certified coach, the author of The New Generation Leader, and the host of The New Generation Leader podcast. He is a graduate of the University of Richmond and holds a Master of Divinity. Aaron lives in Richmond with his wife and 2 daughters. When he’s not coaching leaders, he’s coaching the girls’ softball teams.
In this episode Aaron Shares his perspective and takes on how to think as a leader, strengthening the skill sets needed to run a business or organization, we also discuss how the pandemic shifted into a modern workplace and recognize factors a leader should have in today’s world.
[00:31 – 09:03] Dr. James Bryant’s Podcast: Your Success Podcast with Aaron Lee
- Dr. James Bryant is the host of the engineer, your success podcast, and has a good friend and colleague Aaron Lee on the show.
- Aaron Lee is a leadership consultant and has worked with partner organizations to overcome turnover, conflict, and paralysis in their communication collaboration.
- One thing that our audience might find interesting about Aaron is that they’re not gonna hear this anywhere else.
[09:03 – 18:06] Leaders Struggle to Keep Up During the Pandemic
- Leaders have always been accidental, but the pandemic has changed that.
- Before the pandemic, leaders could be accidental because they had enough people to manage and they didn’t have to worry about them.
- Now, with the pandemic, leaders have to be intentional in their approach to managing their remote teams.
- One of the ways leaders can be intentional is by taking steps to be healthy themselves.
[18:06 – 26:20] Leaders need to check in with people to ensure a healthy foundation
- The five factors that leaders should consider when assessing their own performance are sense of purpose, place, provision, personal health, and people.
- Individuals’ sense of purpose changed during the pandemic, as they were more aware of their purpose in the world.
- Physical location is also a significant factor for leaders, as those who are remote may not have access to the same types of resources that those who are in the office do.
- Leaders should be aware of how their communication styles are affecting their team’s productivity.”
[26:21 – 33:00] Closing Segment
Learn more about Aaron Lee by visiting his website at newgenerationleader.com
Banowetz Marketing: Growing a business is hard. Banowetz Marketing provides an action plan and expert help so your family business can thrive.
Coupon Code: JAMES to get 3 FREE hours of logo design or redesign work with the purchase of any other product.
If this content impacts you, please subscribe for more access to the empowering conversations from me and guests working to help you engineer your success!
Use this link to drop a question or a topic that you would like to see covered on a future episode: Questions or topic suggestions.
You have the strength of a hero within you. Check out my website https://betteryou4u.com/ and learn how to unlock your potential and achieve success both in business and in life.
Important Resources to Note:
- Your Success On-Ramp:https://link.betteryou4u.com/unwebinar
- Annual Goal Setting Workbook:https://link.betteryou4u.com/goalsettingworkbook
- Don’t forget to sign-up for email updates! https://betteryou4u.com/eys-email-update/
“Raising your level of awareness is really key because that eliminates judgment. ” – Dr. James Bryant
“What I’ve recognized is when I slow down and I listen to everybody else, I can put the pieces of all of their perspectives together and make our plan far greater than my plan was if I had just launched into it from the beginning.” – Aaron Lee