Episode 12 How to Deal With Negative Feedback
Oct 11, 2021
Providing feedback for your employee’s performance is essential, just as you as a person needs to. Constructive feedback should be aimed at achieving improvements and better work ethic. Wherever you are and what you do, this is an essential aspect to keep you functioning. The question is: how do you receive feedback, especially if they are negative?
Let’s dive in to today’s episode!
[00:01 – 03:27] Opening Segment
- Welcome to the show
- I’m thankful we’re on the 12th episode!
- This is my favorite time of the year, what’s yours?
[03:28 – 17:16] Considering “Negative” Feedback
- How do you respond when the feedback didn’t meet your expectations
- Feedback is powerful tool
- I share my personal experience
- I contemplated how to respond to a negative feedback
- The steps I did to cope with the situation
- Your tone and body language matters
- Evaluating the feedback from the person
- Don’t respond immediately
- Let’s recap!
- I share my response to the feedback
- Perspectives and expectations
- Encourage the people around you with positive feedback
[17:17 – 19:20] Closing Segment
- Take the audio survey!
- Parting Notes
“Feedback can be a powerful tool if it’s used the right way, but it can be powerful if it’s interpreted and internalized and used the right way from the receiving end.” – Dr. James Bryant
“Your tone in how you speak and your body language, those things are communicated, and if you are taking it personally and if you are judging that person and their words and if you have imputed some type of assumption on them that is negative, guess what: when you ask that questions, it may not be communicated positively.” – Dr. James Bryant
“The antidote for negative feedback is gratitude and appreciation.” – Dr. James Bryant
Let’s Connect Today:
- Schedule a complimentary Introductory Coaching Session
- Webinar: Click to Sign-up for the Engineer’s Blueprint for a balanced life webinar
Banowetz Marketing: Growing a business is hard. Banowetz Marketing provides an action plan and expert help so your family business can thrive
Coupon Code: JAMES to get 3 FREE hours of logo design or redesign work with the purchase of any other product.
If you are impacted by this content, please be sure to subscribe for more access to the empowering conversations from myself and guests who are working to help you engineer your success!
Use this link to drop a question or a topic that you would like to see covered on a future episode: Questions or topic suggestions
You have the strength of a hero within you. Check out my website https://betteryou4u.com/ and learn how to unlock your potential and achieve success both in business and in life.