Aug 9, 2022
Welcome again to another episode of Engineer Your Success! Today is an exceptional episode. It’s going to be a solo episode. I wanted to have another solo episode so that we could connect and I could provide updates as that has been going on in my world. with no further ado Let’s dive in!
[00:32 – 05:57] How to Focus on the Right Things to Achieve Success
- Last July 19, We produced our 52nd podcast episode which also means we reach our first Pod Adversary
- Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone:
- My family, my wife Melba, my Son JT, and Nathaniel.
- Who has been here with me giving suggestions for improvement
- Jerome Myers who been there every step of the way.
- Longtime Sponsor: Banowetz Marketing
- Streamlined podcast
- And you! my dear listeners!
- We restarted the blog and social media series: Ask James Anything
- The growth of Engineer your Success on LinkedIn
[05:57 – 11:27] The Power of Personal Accountability
- Are you focused on the right things?
- Achieve the goal and that can get in the way of your execution.
- So when you’re too focused on the end goal, you may lose sight of the daily habits or activities that you need to do actually to help you achieve that result.
- it’s learning to celebrate the lead measures, not just the lag measures.
- For example, most people focus on the weight loss lag measure and that is the weight. What does the scale say by the time that they take their weight measurement, there’s little or nothing that they can do to influence that result.
- but the things that influence that results were the actions that you took weeks and days before those are the lead measures
- Don’t fall into the trap of only celebrating the result learn to celebrate doing the work that’s required to produce that end result.
[11:27 – 17:10] Ways to Achieve Personal Accountability
- Are you willing to pay the price for your success?
- Success requires hard work and sacrifice, and successful people don’t allow failure to control their narrative.
- there are no shortcuts to success
- Personal accountability is key to success, and finding ways to keep yourself accountable is important.
- Creating a vision board can help you stay focused on your goals
[17:10 – 18:39] Closing Segment
- Parting Notes
Banowetz Marketing: Growing a business is hard. Banowetz Marketing provides an action plan and expert help so your family business can thrive.
Coupon Code: JAMES to get 3 FREE hours of logo design or redesign work with the purchase of any other product.
If this content impacts you, please subscribe for more access to the empowering conversations from me and guests working to help you engineer your success!
Important Resources to Note:
- Click here https://sleekbio.com/jbryant for important resources mentioned on this podcast
Use this link to drop a question or a topic that you would like to see covered on a future episode: Questions or topic suggestions.
“There are no rooms for excuses in accountability. You learn how to take control, how to take agency over your life and over your decisions, understanding that is the thing that is going to make the difference in your success.” – Dr. James Bryant
“Don’t fall into the trap of only celebrating the end result learn to celebrate doing the work that’s required to produce that end result.” Dr. James Bryant